With the explosive growth of the commercial sector and the construction of many large universities, the demand for English teachers in Saudi Arabia is booming! English teaching jobs in Saudi Arabia are very lucrative and your salary is generally tax free. You also receive great medical insurance, along with numerous perks. If making money and growing your savings is important to you, then Saudi Arabia is the right the place for you.
If you want to teach English in Saudi Arabia, there are some minimal job requirements you should possess. If you possess most, but not all of the following requirements, don’t worry. Exceptions can be made for the right candidates, and good teaching experience is always a plus.
Applicants should use the following as general guidelines for English teaching jobs in Saudi Arabia–these are not absolutes:
Salary and Benefits:
• $48,000 to $57,600 USD, tax-free yearly basic salary depending on experience and qualifications
• Full accommodation and transport package
• Paid annual leave
• Two (2) one-way economy class tickets for employee, spouse and two
• Class ‘A’ medical insurance for employee, spouse and two (2) children
• End of contract gratuity bonus
Students‘ age range: 25 – 56
Working time: Not more than 40 working hours per week.
• 20 – 30 hrs in class, 10 – 20 planning and preparation
• Every lessons lasts 40 – 60 minutes.
• Bachelor´s degree
• Photocopy of passport
• Degree transcript
• TESOL or equivalent certificate
• Reference letter
• ESL reference contact
• Availability and a profile photo.
• Native English speaker from the UK and Northern Ireland, USA, Canada,
Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
• Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field to English language teaching. Relevant fields include English Language, Rhetoric, English Writing and Composition, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), English Language Teaching (ELT) and English as a Second Language (ESL).
• Must hold a minimum of 120 hours in-class ESL certification: CELTA, DELTA, TESOL/TEFL, Trinity, diploma or post graduate diploma in English teaching or teaching certificate in ESL.
• Bachelor’s Degree holders must preferably have at least 5 years teaching experience and
Master’s degree holders 3 years teaching experience. This must be full-time, in-class teaching experience to adult students at a recognized university, school, or language center.
If you do not feel you meet the eligibility requirements to teach English in Saudi Arabia, apply anyway. Some positions are available with lesser qualifications and the recruiter may also offer you alternate positions in the Middle East or China.
For those wanting to read interviews with current teachers of ESL in Saudi Arabia, please check out the following articles:
If you are interested in being contacted by a recruiter, leave your contact information below and someone will get in touch with you shortly!
UPDATE July 8th, 2015: All positions for teachers are currently filled. Please check back in a week for an update 🙂