The Chinese economy, which is now the second largest in the world, is booming at an unprecedented rate. As a result, the demand for English teachers in China has become enormous. English teaching jobs in China are abundant and the lack of supply means pay packages remain quite lucrative. There are over one thousand new hires every month, and this number is expected to increase dramatically over the coming years.
Applicants should use the following as general guidelines for English teaching jobs in China:
- Prepare and administer English assessments for students
- Create lesson plans according to student individual needs
- Develop student listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Adapt to students’ individual needs and requirements
- Competitive salary–$950-2,400 depending on location and qualifications
- Ability to make an additional $800 with one-on-one private tutoring (fully legal)
- Annual performance bonus (differs from school to school)
- Accommodation allowance
- International airfare allowance
- Reimbursed work visa
- Comprehensive medical and accident insurance
- 10 days paid annual leave plus 12 days public holiday/per year and two days off/week
- An induction program, regular teacher training, and academic development workshops
- On-going team-building activities organized by the school
- Get hired within 1-2 weeks!
Student Age: Primary to Adults
Hours: 20-35 hours / week.
Necessary documents for English teaching jobs in China:
- Reference letter (if available)
- Immediate availability and a profile photo.
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate or 2 years teaching experience
You can save up to $1,500-$2,000 based on hours plus overtime private tutoring.
If you are interested in being contacted by a recruiter, leave your contact information below and someone will get in touch with you shortly!
English Teaching opportunities are also available in Saudi Arabia.